I promise to serve God, honor our flag, abide by Naval Sea Cadet Corps Regulations, and carry out the orders of the officers appointed over me, and so conduct myself as to be a credit to myself, my unit, the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, the Navy, the Coast Guard, and my country.
I promise to serve God, honor our flag, abide by the Navy League Cadet Corps regulations, carry out the orders of the officers appointed over me, and so conduct myself as to be a credit to my ship, the Navy League Cadet Corps, the Navy, and my country.
I am a United States Sailor. I will support and defend the constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and all who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world. I proudly serve my country’s navy combat team with Honor, Courage and Commitment. I am committed to excellence and the fair treatment of all.
General Orders of a Sentry
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house than my own.
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. To receive, obey, and pass on the sentry who relieves me all orders from the commanding officer, command duty officer, officer of the deck, and officers and petty officers of the watch only.
7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. To call the officer of the deck in any case not covered by instructions.
10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. To be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.